02 Jan WordPress Statistics
I was talking to a few people I do contract work for, out in San Jose, the other day. Among many other things, we were discussing why WordPress is so awesome and how widely used it is. I wanted to share some of these amazing numbers (and expand on them).
- Sites running WordPress.com: 60.5M +
- Percentage of the INTERNET using WordPress (either .com or .org): 17%
- Registered Plugins: 23,402
- FREE Themes: 1,674
- Free theme downloads: 67M +
- Posts per month of WordPress.com users: 40M +
- Notable sites running WordPress: BBC, Best Buy, Tech Crunch, Mashable, CNN, Rolling Stones. Just to name six.
- WordPress 3.5 downloads: 8,792,632
- Supported Languages: 68
Those are just some of the amazing statistics WordPress boasts. Since not all info can be captured from WordPress.org downloads, they may even be a bit understated. It’s also important to note that things like plugin count and theme count are drastically under estimated, as there are a ton of non-WordPress registered themes and plugins.